Report-out and Rankings
Question 1: What Do You Love Most About Sheridan County?
- Greener half of the Bighorns
- Small community atmosphere (most important)
- Rural character—wildlife, ranchland (most important)
- Viewshed of the Bighorns
- Overall culture—hard working, respect for land, history, family values, open doors, small-community feel
Question 2: Imagine the year is 2028. Your friends have come for a visit. You open the morning paper or go to your favorite local news site, read a great headline, turn to your friend and say “Listen to this headline about our county!” What is the headline?
- Tourism population and $$ up
- A new company is coming to the area that should establish economic diversity
- Wyoming is the top education state in the nation; Sheridan County heads the state in scores and educational opportunities for all students
- Survey shows small town atmosphere still preferred
- Sheridan County voted most livable by travel magazine
- 100% of Sheridan County graduates find work opportunities and stay in the county
Question 3: What specific issues or situations in Sheridan County cause you the most concern?
- Development in the 1-mile town-buffer zone (change in State Statute)
- 80-acre rule (could county go to 40 or 30 acres instead?)
- Affordability—low wages/high costs (2 votes)
- Services for an aging population, particularly in remote areas, such as medical, meals, and senior centers (2 votes)
- Public safety; law enforcement in particular
- Lack of sanitary sewer in developing areas